This product is designed to be an insert replacement box for your Sanitiser/PPE recycling bin. For safe disposal of face masks, plastic gloves, visors and other PPE equipment.
- Disposable face masks
- Plastic Gloves
- Visors & face screens
- Safety gear (helmets, bump caps)
- Goggles & safety spectacles
- Plastic overalls & clothing covers
Unaccepted items – Hazardous or unsuitable
- Food & liquid waste (or items coated with)
- Cigarette waste
- Medicinal blister packs (can be collected in its own box please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if needed)
- Electronic waste (phones, laptops etc.)
- Biodegradable plastics // plant-based plastics (can be collected in its own box please contact email@example.com if needed)
- Clothing & fabric items
- Hazardous waste (sharps, flammables, reactive materials, corrosives, ignitable, toxic) anything presenting a danger to people or the environment
- Pressurised canisters or aerosols
- Medical waste
How it works
Order: Order your Sanitiser/PPE Bin – the first one will come with a free box insert inside.
Fill: Collected accepted PPE items & fill up your box.
Ship: Send it back to ReWorked using the pre-paid return label.
Re-Order: Order a replacement box to continue recycling your PPE.
What is included
- One PPE recycling box
- One recycled box liner
- One pre-paid return label
- The processing & recycling of your waste PPE materials – guaranteed!
- Customer support from the ReWorked team
The recycling process
Once collected, we hold the boxes for a minimum 72hr Covid quarantine period. Once inspected, the box is recycled to a new packaging media & the contents are pre-shredded. The plastic material, once shredded, is sent to our blending area where it is combined with a mixture of polymers from ocean cleans, verge cleans, food and cosmetic wastes. Lastly, the materials are bonded into a board at high temperature (230degrees C) the board can then be placed back into use or made into a new product on site.
The service is currently only available in the UK. With increased shipping costs for Ireland, Jersey or Gurnsey.
Please ensure your filled box weighs no more than 20kg for the return postage to be valid.
Reworked recycling box safety guidelines
- Only send us items that are included within the accepted list. Anything included that doesn’t fit our requirements causes contamination issues, resulting in time-consuming sorting processes at our recycling plant.
- Do not send hazardous waste. Including, but not limited to: batteries, pressurised canisters & aerosols, paints, pesticides, sharps, biomedical waste, soiled nappies or medication. Do not send anything potentially dangerous to peoples health or the environment (sharps, flammables, reactive materials, corrosives, ignitable, toxic).
- Do not send wet/dripping items. Please wash out your containers and plastic waste before putting them in your box. Ensure everything is dry before placing them inside. The box and its contents must be completely dry to be shipped.