<<< All recycling boxes have a current estimated lead time of 3 days >>>
Reworked medicinal packaging recycling boxes are made for medical blister packs, pill bottles & vitamin bottles. Fill the box with eligible items & send it back to ReWorked! The ideal zero waste solution, to avoid unnecessary landfill usage.
This box is designed specifically for medicinal packaging only – if you wish to recycle more general plastic waste consider our mixed plastic recycling box – Or for PPE consider our Sanitiser/PPE Bin.
Accepted items – Please ensure all packaging is empty & no-longer contains medicine, pills, liquid or sharps.
- Medical blister packs
- Plastic Pill bottles
- Vitamin bottles
- Plastic vials
- Plastic syringes (no sharps included, emptied of liquid & washed out)
Unaccepted items – Hazardous or unsuitable
- Food & liquid waste (or items coated with)
- Cigarette waste
- Electronic waste (phones, laptops etc.)
- Biodegradable plastics // plant-based plastics (can be collected in its own box please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if needed)
- Clothing & fabric items
- Hazardous waste (sharps, flammables, reactive materials, corrosives, ignitable, toxic) anything presenting a danger to people or the environment
- Pressurised canisters or aerosols
- Surgical waste
- ABP Waste (animal by-products)
How it works
Order: Select which size medicinal packaging recycling box you require and place your order. We will get it to you swiftly!
Fill: Collect accepted medicinal packaging items & fill up your box.
Ship: Call 01482 221110 or email us at email@example.com to arrange collection.
Re-Order: Order a replacement box to continue recycling those tricky medicinal items.
What is included
- One Reworked medicinal packaging recycling box (your choice of size)
- One recycled box liner
- The processing & recycling of your waste materials – guaranteed!
- Customer support from the ReWorked team
The recycling process
Once collected, we hold the boxes for a minimum 72hr quarantine period. Once inspected, the box is recycled to a new packaging media & the contents are pre-shredded. The plastic material, once shredded, is sent to our blending area where it is combined with a mixture of polymers from ocean cleans, verge cleans, food and cosmetic wastes. Lastly, the materials are bonded into a board at high temperature (230degrees C) the board can then be placed back into use or made into a new product on site.
The service is currently only available in the UK. With increased shipping costs for Ireland, Jersey or Gurnsey.
Please ensure your filled box weighs no more than 20kg for the return postage to be valid.
Reworked recycling box safety guidelines
- Only send us items that are included within the accepted list. Anything included that doesn’t fit our requirements causes contamination issues, resulting in time-consuming sorting processes at our recycling plant.
- Do not send hazardous waste. Including, but not limited to: batteries, pressurised canisters & aerosols, paints, pesticides, sharps, biomedical waste, soiled nappies or medication. Do not send anything potentially dangerous to peoples health or the environment (sharps, flammables, reactive materials, corrosives, ignitable, toxic).
- Do not send wet/dripping items. Please wash out your containers and plastic waste before putting them in your box. Ensure everything is dry before placing them inside. The box and its contents must be completely dry to be shipped.