Reworked biodegradable plastic recycling boxes are made specifically for plant-based plastics & biodegradable packaging. Fill the box with eligible items & send it back to ReWorked! The ideal zero waste solution, to avoid unnecessary landfill usage.
This box is designed specifically for biodegradable & plant-based packaging only – if you wish to recycle more general plastic waste consider our mixed plastic recycling box.
- Plant-based plastics
- Biodegradable plastics
Typically bio-plastics are made from the sugars in corn starch, sugarcane or cassava. They are carbon neutral and must be recycled using alternative methods to standard plastics. Common biodegradable/plant-based plastic items include; cutlery, food packaging, straws and carrier bags.
Unaccepted items – Hazardous, unsuitable or non-biodegradable
- Standard non-biodegradable plastic items (can be collected in its own box)
- Food & liquid waste (or items coated with)
- Cigarette waste
- Medicinal blister packs (can be collected in its own box)
- Electronic waste (phones, laptops etc.)
- Clothing & fabric items
- Hazardous waste (sharps, flammables, reactive materials, corrosives, ignitable, toxic) anything presenting a danger to people or the environment
- Pressurised canisters or aerosols
- Medical waste
How it works
Order: Select which size biodegradable plastic recycling box you require and place your order. We will get it to you swiftly!
Fill: Collect accepted items & fill up your box.
Ship: Send it back to ReWorked using the pre-paid return label.
Re-Order: Order a replacement box to continue recycling.
What is included
- One Reworked biodegradable plastic recycling box (your choice of size)
- One recycled box liner
- One pre-paid return label
- The processing & recycling of your waste materials – guaranteed!
- Customer support from the ReWorked team
The service is currently only available in the UK. With increased shipping costs for Ireland, Jersey or Gurnsey.
Please ensure your filled box weighs no more than 20kg for the return postage to be valid.
Reworked recycling box safety guidelines
- Only send us items that are included within the accepted list. Anything included that doesn’t fit our requirements causes contamination issues, resulting in time-consuming sorting processes at our recycling plant.
- Do not send hazardous waste. Including, but not limited to: batteries, pressurised canisters & aerosols, paints, pesticides, sharps, biomedical waste, soiled nappies or medication. Do not send anything potentially dangerous to peoples health or the environment (sharps, flammables, reactive materials, corrosives, ignitable, toxic).
- Do not send wet/dripping items. Please wash out your containers and plastic waste before putting them in your box. Ensure everything is dry before placing them inside. The box and its contents must be completely dry to be shipped.